Cape Town: 2-Hour Table Mountain Hike via Platteklip Gorge9 Reviews
Hike through Platteklip Gorge on the shortest route to the top of Table Mountain. Take in the sweeping views of the Cape Town area from the top.
- Enjoy views of Cape Town and the V&A Waterfront from Table Mountain
- Explore a World Heritage Site as you hike in Platteklip Gorge
- Choose an optional cable car ride back down the mountain
- Capture panoramic views of Table Bay
DescriptionHike through Platteklip Gorge on the shortest route to the top of Table Mountain. Take in the sweeping views of the Cape Town area from the top. It should take around 2 hours to hike up. The trail begins just past the lower cableway station on Tafelberg Road. This was the first route that explorers used to summit the mountain, way before the cableway was built. Enjoy panoramic views from the path to the top. This is definitely the best way for those who do not like heights and climbing to conquer the mountain. There is an option of taking the cable car down (additional fee).
IncludesGuide Entrance fees Bottled water Light snack Cable car fees Transportation
- All hikes are at your own risk and are subject to weather conditions
- Please make known if you have a fear of heights or any health conditions that hiking will aggravate
- This hike is not suitable for children under the age of 10
- Please note times can change slightly on your guide’s expert advice
- Your guide will contact you the day before with specific details; please keep your phone active
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability