My Guide Website?
Cape Town: 3 to 4-Hour Township Tour40 Reviews
Visit some of the notorious townships of Cape Town, including District Six, and learn more about South Africa's apartheid policies
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the local townships and learn about life during Apartheid
- Get a chance of supporting local communities and markets
- Meet a traditional African healer, see local beer being made and visit a primary school
DescriptionExplore District Six, where 60,000 inhabitants were forcibly removed during the 1970s by the apartheid regime. Drive to Langa and learn the history of the oldest township at sites like the Old Pass Office and the monument to Robert Sobukwe. Learn about life during apartheid on a walking tour of the hostels and shacks. Visit a shebeen (pub) and try some homemade beer. See a traditional healer in action, and then drive through the Bonteheuwel township, reserved for the 'colored' community during the days of apartheid. Hear about the division of people and its impact. See the Gugulethu 7 Memorial to the members of an anti-apartheid group killed by the South African Police in 1986, and the memorial to the American student Amy Biehl, murdered by PAC supporters in 1993. End in the Khayelitsha township and hear about the work the Philani Center does for local mothers and children.
IncludesHotel pickup & drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Township tour
- Township tour is included in the tour
- Food and drinks (unless specified) are not included in the ticket price
- Tips (optional) are also not included in the ticket price