My Guide Website?
Cape Town: Authentic African Cuisine Cooking Experience4 Reviews
Discover how to cook a traditional African meal from start to finish with this hands-on cooking class in Cape Town. Try some tasty dishes along with some African juice, tea, and beer.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn how to cook an Authentic African meal
- Learn about the history of African cuisine
- Taste some African cuisine delicacies
- Enjoy the meal you cook with the hosts
DescriptionJoin us in a cooking experience to learn how to cook a traditional African cuisine meal from start to finish. The host will also give you an explanation of the history of African cuisine, it's ingredients and how the recipes have evolved over time and passed down the generations. You will be welcomed with a variety of African drinks choices and tasty African starter snacks. On the day you will learn how to cook Sadza (ground mealie meal), meaty beef bones mixed with green veggies, chicken stew, chakalaka and sugar beans. We also have vegan and vegetarian options. These are the best selling dishes at Pahari African Restaurant, loved by many. Each person will have an opportunity to contribute. We will then go on to enjoying the meal together, communally, as it is typically done in an African home. The experience will conclude with an African hot beverage (tea or coffee). Enjoy your meal privately with family, friends, work colleagues and travellers from all over the world in a peaceful environment and experience African hospitality at its best. Be prepared to get your hands dirty as we show you step by step how to cook one of the best authentic African cuisine meals. You will also be able to request an easy-to-follow recipe so you can recreate the cooking experience in your own kitchen. This experience takes place in a separate room adjacent to Pahari African Restaurant.
IncludesFood - Sadza (ground mealie meal), Meaty beef bones mixed with green veggies, chicken stew, chakalaka and sugar beans. Drinks - African juice, African beer and African tea / coffee.
- Hi, I'm Florence! I am a co-owner of the popular Pahari African Restaurant in Cape Town, South Africa. I learnt how to cook from my mother at an early age and the African cuisine recipes have been passed down our family from generation to generation. My husband and I have been in the food service industry for two decades. Throughout these years we have enjoyed sharing our culture with foreigners as well as hearing about their cultures, especially what they like to eat. We have a deep love for food, people and culture.