Cape Town: Castle of Good Hope Entrance Ticket23 Reviews
Visit the Castle of Good Hope, one of Cape Town's oldest buildings and symbol of the Dutch heritage in Cape Town. Get the most out of your experience with included activities like the key ceremony, cannon firing, and guided walking tours.
- Discover all the ancient Castle of Good Hope has to offer
- Access the main building and visit the adjoining courtyard
- Plan ahead to enjoy inclusions such as the key ceremony, cannon firing, and guided tours
DescriptionExplore the Castle of Good Hope, one of the oldest buildings in Cape Town. Originally built as a fort bastion, in 1936 the castle was declared a historical monument (now a provincial heritage site). On your visit, admire the best-preserved example of a Dutch East India Company fort following restoration work in the 1980s. The Castle of Good Hope is still one of the most visited attractions in Cape Town as a clear symbol of the Dutch heritage in the city. With your entrance ticket, enjoy access to the main building and the courtyard, as well as additional activities such as the key ceremony, cannon firing, and guided walking tours.
IncludesEntrance to the castle Access to the courtyard Key ceremony Cannon firing Guided walking tour Transport
- To make the most of your visit, please note the schedule for the included activities below
- The key ceremony takes place weekdays at 10 AM and 12 PM
- The cannon firing takes place every day except Sundays at 10 AM, 11 AM, and 12 PM
- Guided walking tours are available daily at 11 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM, 3 PM, and 4 PM
- You are free to visit the Castle on a different date than the one you book. Your ticket will be valid until scanned
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability