Cape Town: India Venster Half-Day Hike5 Reviews
This route offers breathtaking views of the City, West Coast, Robben Island, spectacular rock formations, Twelve Apostles, False Bay and surrounding mountains covering all sides of Table Mountain.
- Take in spectacular views of the city, Robben Island and beyond on a clear day as you ascend Table Mountain
- Look through the India Venster (Afrikaans for 'Window') and be wowed by the view
- Enjoy the views covering all of Table Mountain
DescriptionStarting near to the lower cable car station, this hike will take 3-4 hours to the top. Look out for indigenous flora, like the King Protea, wander at the spectacular rock formations, like the India Venster (“Window” in Afrikaans) and witness views as far as the eye can see, taking in Robben Island and the whole of Table Bay. False Bay and surrounding mountains are also visible from the top. If this is all the hike you need then a cable car ride down to the bottom can be done at this point.
IncludesSnacks and water on the hike All transport to and from your accommodation within the Cape Town City Bowl or CBD area Services of your qualified experienced mountain guide One way cableway ticket (down) If the Table Mountain Cableway is not running due to weather or maintenance, there will be an extra charge of R200 per person for the guide to hike down with the guests
- This is a strenuous hike and is only suitable for people who are relatively fit.
- For those with extreme height phobias, this may not be the hike for you. Kasteelspoort (12 Apostles) hike, Platteklip Gorge, or Skeleton Gorge hike are recommended as alternatives. All of these hikes end at the Upper Cableway where you will take the cableway down.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability