Cape Town: Mountain Bike Table Mountain to Constantia Loop
Mountain bike from Table Mountain to Constantia and back on a 3.5-hour challenging ride. With a mix of Jeep tracks and single tracks, as well as many photo stops to enjoy the views, this is a must-do for mountain bikers in Cape Town.
- Enjoy mountain biking along the slopes of Table Mountain, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World
- Enjoy a mix of tracks and scenic views along the way
- Cover a total of 40 kilometers with 1000 meters of climb
DescriptionEnjoy a challenging half-day morning mountain biking tour that follows a loop from Table Mountain to Constantia Neck and back. See the region’s nature as well as some cityscapes while getting a good 3.5-hour workout in. The ride covers a total of 40 kilometers with 1000 meters of climb. Your tour starts at Table Mountain’s lower cable car station, heading east. The first 3 kilometers of the ride is on tar along a very scenic road at the base of Table Mountain, perfect to get used to your bike. Continue on a rocky Jeep track down toward Newlands Forest. From here, there’s a combination of jeep tracks and single tracks through forested areas, followed by a gradual ascent towards Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Enjoy beautiful views down toward the garden followed by a more technical narrow trail that will need your focus. Kirstenbosch have put in some serious work to the trails, with bridges and sections of the trails bedded with wood chips. Challenge yourself on some steep sections before reaching the mid-point for a coffee break at Constantia Neck.
IncludesMountain bike Helmet Permit Energy drink Other drinks Food
- This activity is not for beginners or people with health issues for whom mountain biking could affect their current state of health.
- The bikes are dual suspension with 29 inches wheel size.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability