My Guide Website?
Cape Town: Spectacular Botanical Gardens with Guided Tour2 Reviews
Explore two of Cape Townâ€™s most verdant offerings with a guided tour of the Companyâ€™s Garden and Arderne Gardens. Absorb sights and smells of ancient trees and plant species native to South Africa.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youĘ»re booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the verdant forests at the famous Company's Garden
- Visit Arderne Gardens, a South African Provincial Heritage Site
- Take in one of the largest trees in South Africa, the vast Moreton Bay Fig
DescriptionDiscover a rich variety of flora at the Companyâ€™s Garden, first established to provide much-needed nourishment and medicinal herbs for sickly and malnourished seafarers. Feel the history of the gardens that blossomed into a gorgeous botanical site now host to many different influences from Dutch Baroque to Victorian romanticism. See the oldest cultivated tree in South Africa as well as the Rose Garden with its many different species of cultivated roses. Â From here, the botanical journey continues to the Arderne Gardens, a South African Provincial Heritage Site. The Gardens â€“ with its shady glades and Japanese-style ponds â€“ has one of the most diverse and valuable collections of exotic trees in South Africa. It officially includes one of the largest trees in South Africa, the vast Moreton Bay Fig. This tree, along with five others were proudly designated Champion Trees.
IncludesReturn transfers from any Cape Town city center hotel Expert guide in English Visit to the Company Gardens The Arderne Gardens
- A minimum of two adults are required for this tour to take place
- Includes return transfer from Cape Town city center hotels
- Tour availability is subject to favorable weather conditions
- This tour may run in reverse order â€˘Â Please note, from 1 November 2023 the tour will stop at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens instead of Arderne Gardens