Cape Town: Table Mountain Half–Day India Venster Hike2 Reviews
A challenging route up Table Mountain for the fit and more experienced. Panoramic views of Devils Peak, Cape Town, Lions Head, Camps Bay and the Twelve Apostles. A quiet trail with lots of epic photo opportunities and places to rest.
- See Cape Town below, from the start of the trail and most the way up
- Enjoy panoramic view points of all the major features around the Mother City.
- Conquer one of the more challenging routes up Table Mountain
- Relish peace and quiet in nature
- Catch the cable car down and admire the trail below that you just completed
DescriptionThis half day hike begins next to the Lower Cable Station. The trail ascends to the contour path directly behind the cable station. It is recommended that only the fit and more adventurous do this hike. The hike, involves a lot of rock scrambling and rocky high ledges. In return you get the most incredible views of Cape Town. Definitely the most scenic way up to the cable station and you will have a sense of great achievement. Climb directly below the upper cable station through a maze of rocks, ledges and outcrops. Your guide will point out historical and natural landmarks as you navigate your way to the top. While you are ascending and when you are at the summit your guide will point out features of interest and places to get that perfect Instagram shot. Look for local bird and flower species, the common rock 'dassie' or southern rock agama bobbing up and down on warm sunny rocks. Take breaks breath the fresh air and gorgeous views with cliff faces towering over you. Welcome encouragement from fellow hikers and locals cheering you to the summit. Once at the top you can enjoy the relief of a flat surface to explore. .This is the only mountain peak in Cape Town where you can enjoy a coffee, beer or bite to eat in a summit cafe. It is recommended you catch the cable car down in order to make the most of the rest of your day.
IncludesGuide Entrance Fees Bottled water Light snack Transport One-way cable car ticket
- All hikes are subject to weather conditions
- Please bring water, warm clothing, sunscreen, snacks, comfortable hiking shoes
- You will be contacted after booking with an exact start time
- This hike is not suitable for children under the age of 10
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY