Cape Town: Table Mountain Kirstenbosch to Cable Station Hike1 Reviews
Experience the views of the famous Kirstenbosch botanical gardens and much more on this wonderful hiking tour. Traverse the entire table top and marvel at the panoramic views.
- Go to the famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Climb up a very rare Afro Montane Forest ravine
- Experience Table Mountains Water Catchments
- Traverse some of the most beautiful vistas of Table Mountain
- Visit Maclear's Beacon, the highest point of Table Mountain
- Catch the cable car to the end of your adventure
DescriptionYour full day hike will start at Kirstenbosch botanical gardens. These renowned gardens are one of the best in the world and feature South Africa's flora as well as some exotics. Your passionate and knowledgeable guide will show you through the upper section of the Gardens and to the forested trail up to Skeleton Gorge. Here hike through what is called an African mountain forest (Afromontane). Huge trees are some of the oldest on the peninsula. The path up the gorge is steep and requires a number or ladder and scrambling up rocks in a stream of water that has a calming sound and refreshing to splash your face with. The forest opens at the top and you can see down to the green botanical gardens and lush southern suburbs below, before you are greeted with a pearly white beach and lake to swim in on a hot day. Here, take a well deserved and refreshing break. The next part of the hike is a more gentle incline and through some unique flora that makes up the rich diversity of the top of Table Mountain. This trail will take you to Maclear's Beacon, the highest point on Table Mountain. Here, stop for lunch and enjoy the views of Newlands forest a kilometer below to the south and Cape Town center to the north. The final leg of the hike is a flat trek of the entire width of the 'table top', enjoying the breathtakingly powerful views of Table Bay and the city below. Enjoy the shop and cafe at the upper cable station and grab a coffee, beer or bite to eat before taking the cable car down to end a memorable journey.
IncludesGuide Entrance fees Bottled water Light snack One-way cable car ticket Transportation
- This hike is not suitable for children under 10
- All hikes are at your own risk and are subject to weather conditions
- Please note times can change slightly on your guide’s expert advice. Your guide will contact you the day before with specific details.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability