Cape Town: Township Cycling Tour6 Reviews
This award-winning bicycle township tour in Masiphumelele provides guests with the opportunity to meet and interact with the local community from their bicycle seat.
- Join a local township guide on a bike tour
- Dance with the Sangoma's (traditional healers)
- Taste traditional African food in the home of a local or at a restaurant
- Experience the authentic urban township culture in South Africa
- Support the Songezo cycling academy and Masicorp non-profit organisation
DescriptionThe Bicycle Township Tour departs from Masicorp Chasmay Road Campus, and will make a visit to BEN (the Bicycling Empowerment Network). This is a non-profit bicycle organization that imports second-hand bikes, trains bike mechanics and assists entrepreneurs to operate bicycle shops in different communities. A local guide will take you around the township, visiting interesting places and explaining some local Xhosa customs. During school time, you will visit a local crèche where the teachers work under very difficult circumstances. Part of the tour proceeds go towards the betterment of their facilities. A highlight of the tour is to visit a Sangoma (traditional healer) who performs interactive dancing and drumming. For lunch, you will either visit an African restaurant or a local lady's home who regularly hosts the tourist groups and makes an authentic African tea or lunch.
IncludesLocal guide Bike hire & helmet African lunch Sangoma visit Donations to Masivelani crèche Transport (can be arranged on request)
- 10% of all tour proceeds go directly to Masicorp - a non-profit organization
- Please don't give any sweets or treats to the children as the local partner prefers to work with registered charities
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY