Cape Town: Wildlife Safari & Whale Coast 2-Day Private Tour
Wind along scenic Whale Coast to view whales (during whale season) and African penguins. Search for most of the Big 5 animals on 4x4 and horseback safari at the Botlierskop Private Game Reserve followed by horseback riding or a spa treatment.
- Spot some of Africa's Big Five on a 4x4 open-vehicle
- Hike amongst fragrant fynbos along the Hermanus cliff paths for some of the world's best seasonal land-based whale watching
- Experience the wild wanderers of the Western Cape's wildlife
- Wind along the wild beauty of Clarence drive and the Kogelberg Biosphere
- Enjoy the luxury of glamping under the starry night sky
- Relax on a pre-planned private guided tour designed and run exclusively for you
DescriptionThis private tour itinerary is designed with the esteemed safari-seeker with limited time in mind and offers a comprehensive look into Africa’s unofficial “Big 6”: whales, penguins, lions, buffalo, rhino, and elephants. With a guaranteed window seat, you’ll be sure to see ever exhilarating moment first. Day 1: Cape Town to Botlierskop (D) After an early-morning pickup, set out from Cape Town and head along the spectacular Clarence Drive, winding along the coastal road and marvelling at the dramatic twists where the ocean meets the mountain slopes. From a visit with adorable Betty’s Bay African penguins to spectacular land-based whale watching, your first day is a coastal dream with picture-perfect views of dramatic ocean scenes. Continue on to the little hamlet of Hermanus, known around the world for its unparalleled land-based whale watching. Set off on a light hike amongst the indigenous fynbos to get the perfect vantage point to see the jumping whales. June to November is whale season in Hermanus, and the bay sees huge numbers of calving southern-right and humpback whales pop in to wave a fin at onlookers. You’ll also be pleasantly surprised by the magnificent surrounding scenery and intricate sights and smells of fynbos lining the paths. After lunch, head towards your luxurious base for the night, Botlierskop Private Game Reserve. This 4200-hectare private reserve has sprawling views of the Outeniqua mountains and the Indian Ocean. Home to four of the Big 5, Botlierskop offers a host of unrivalled wild game viewing options. Your hideaway takes the form of a colonial-style tented suite, taking glamping to a whole new level and offering all the creature comforts of luxury living. Dinner under the brightly sparkling sky is included at the African-inspired lodge. Day 2: Botlierskop to Cape Town (B) Day 2 begins with a 3-hour sunrise 4x4 game drive. Rise early as the bush awakes, and expect wild encounters with giraffes, elephants, Cape mountain zebra, buffalo, vervet monkeys, waterbuck, endangered white rhino, and more. Your expert game ranger is meticulously trained to spot animals and follow their tracks to ensure you get sensational sightings. If you’re lucky, you might even catch a glimpse of the elusive apex predator, the lion. This adventure will be followed by a full breakfast. Then, choose either an immersive 1-hour horseback safari or a 30-minute indulgent bush spa treatment. After the morning’s indulgences, you’ll arrive back in Cape Town by late afternoon.
IncludesRound trip transfers from/to accommodation in Cape Town CBD Qualified local driver/guide Transportation in luxury minivan with guaranteed window seat Accommodation for 1 night in a luxury tented suite 3-hour 4x4 game drive 1-hour horseback safari or 30-minute bush spa treatment 1x Breakfast 1x Dinner Lunch on Day 1 Meals not mentioned and drinks Personal insurance
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, run in reverse order
- According to availability at time of booking and if accommodation is sold out, we might need to refund or move you to the closest available date
- Some activities are subject to weather conditions
- Minimum age is 12 years. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these game drives
- The Botlierskop Private Game Reserve is malaria free
- Double and twin rooms require a minimum and maximum of 2 customers per room. Two people are required to book together to guarantee a specific tour departure date.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY