My Guide Website?
Constantia Wine Valley Bicycle Tour7 Reviews
Experience the oldest Cape Wine Route whilst cycling through the sophisticated Constantia suburb and viewing the finest Cape Dutch architecture. Enjoy wine tasting and a gourmet picnic lunch whilst exploring the valley on bicycle.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Cape Town: Cape of Good Hope and Penguins Guided Tour
- Aquila Private Game Reserve: Sunset Safari with Entry Fee
- Hout Bay: Duiker Island Seal Colony Cruise
- From Cape Town: South African Wildlife and Safari 2-Day Tour
- From Cape Town: Winelands Full Day Tour and Wine Tasting
- Cycle 15km through the beautiful and historical Constantia Wine Valley
- Enjoy a lovely lunch and wine-tasting at Constantia Uitsig
- Explore High Constantia and lower Tokai Park as well, time permitting
DescriptionExperience the historic Constantia Cape wine route with a personalized guide who will take you on a cycling tour in this picturesque area known for its award-winning wines. You will be met at your accommodation and brought to the Constantia Valley where Dutch governor, Simon van der Stel, started the wine industry in South Africa dating back to the 17th century. Visit the historic Groot Constantia Estate. learn about a full array of the valley’s award-winning wines, as well as the region's rich history. Along the route, you will pass a kramat (mosque) built for the slaves that the Dutch East India Company imported from south-east Asia. The bicycle route meanders through the sophisticated Constantia suburb that has some of the finest structures in Cape Dutch architecture. On the tour, indulge in some of the most well-balanced wines that South Africa has to offer. Vineyards like Buitenverwachting, Groot Constantia, Constantia Uitsig, Steenberg will open their doors, and cellars, for the tour. Come, and experience the oldest wine region of South Africa – on a bicycle!
IncludesTransportion to and from local Cape Town accommodations Bicycles and helmets for tour duration All entrance, and wine-tasting fees
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing fit for cycling
- If needed, there is a support vehicle if the cycling becomes too tiring