My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: Western Cape 2-Day Wildlife Glamping +Safari9 Reviews
Travel off the beaten track on a Western Cape glamping safari trip. Stay at a luxury tented game lodge in Oudtshoorn and enjoy 4x4 drives and chances to see wildlife like lions, elephants, rhinos, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get a front row seat to spot local wildlife in action on two 4x4 safaris
- Glamp in style at Buffelsdrift Private Game Reserve
- Follow orphaned African elephants on their trek to the waterhole
- Follow a ranger as you look for wildlife on a guided bush walk on safari
- Road trip along Route 62's semi-desert country plains with quirky pit stops along the way
DescriptionDay 1: Botlierskop - Oudtshoorn Depart Cape Town or Stellenbosch early morning (6am - 7am) and trade the silhouette of Table Mountain for the scenery at the starting point of the lush Garden Route region after about 450km of travel. Enjoy the scenic route along the way to the 3,500-hectare Botlierskop private game reserve. Located in a malaria-free area, the reserve is home to an abundance of wildlife including four of the Big Five, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, and more than 200 bird species. Spot some of the wild animals native to the region from the back of an open-top 4x4 vehicle and keep your eyes peeled for lion, elephant, buffalo, and rhino sightings. Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive, and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these game drives. After the 2-hour game drive, it's time for an up close and personal encounter with nature on a short bush-walking safari. Hop off the safari vehicle, following your game ranger as you look for wildlife through the coastal Renosterveldt and Cape Fynbos. After an hour's journey, you'll reach Buffelsdrift Game Lodge, just outside Oudtshoorn town – an unexpected safari oasis that wows from the first glimpse. In the heart of the Klein Karoo, luxe canvas tents are decked out with all the creature comforts, including a beautiful claw-footed bath, rustic outdoor shower, and an inviting king-sized bed. Wooden balconies overlook the dam where hippos wallow languidly in the glassy water. On the horizon line, giraffes snack on the tops of tall trees as the sun dips below the horizon. Take in the calm veld surroundings as you lounge at the pool deck amongst giant aloe vera, framing your perfect view of the birds and game that visit the water's edge at sunset. Day 2: Buffelsdrift - Route 62 After breakfast, venture off into the Klein Karoo bush for an 2-hour 4x4 bush drive to seek out more of the local wildlife. Your ranger will help spot wildlife and share some of nature’s secrets while teaching you about the region’s fauna and flora. Get close to nature and discover insects, plants, and smaller mammals. Look out for buffalo, giraffes, kudu, porcupines, and meerkats. Join elephant guides on an optional Elephant Observation Nature Walk (at extra expense) to have the opportunity to follow three rescued elephants as they roam freely in this natural habitat in the Cango Valley overlooking the nearby waterhole. Learn about the gentle giants under the guidance of the elephant guides as you observe them, ask questions, and take photos of African elephants in nature. End the day with a drive along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world. Travel about 400km back, soaking in the beauty of the high mountains, twisting passes and rugged Karoo plains on your return journey to arrive back in Cape Town or Stellenbosch by late evening (between 6pm - 9pm). Subject to traffic and stops.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Tour guide Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle Accommodation for 1 night 1 Breakfast Botlierskop 4x4 safari game drive Buffelsdrift 4x4 bush drive Short guided bush walk safari
- Exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, run in reverse order
- Do not book flights or appointments on the last day as return time can't be gauanteed.
- According to availability at time of booking, you may be refunded or move you to the closest available date if accommodation is sold out.
- Some optional activities are subject to weather conditions and can only be booked and paid for on the tour
- Minimum age is 8 years. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- If you select the Private Tour option your tour will run exclusively for you; you will have a private local guide and exclusive transfers during the tour
- Small Group option allow you to join a set itinerary with other customers that booked same tour.
- Bedroom allocation with the Small Group option includes 4-star accommodation with an ensuite bathroom. 2 people booking together will share a private room. A single person booking separately or uneven bookings will have a single room.