My Guide Website?
Gansbaai Eco-Friendly Shark Cage Diving64 Reviews
Get up close with the ocean's most majestic apex predator with a cage dive amongst the sharks of Gansbaai. Learn more from the on-board marine biologists and get a pre and post-dive briefing. Optional transfers from Cape Town are available.
- Get up close with sharks from the safety of a cage
- Enjoy 5-star facilities at the Great White House, including a licensed restaurant and bar
- Visit a rehabilitation center for sick and ill seabirds, including the endangered African Penguin
- Learn more about the conservation projects and how you can make a difference
- Benefit from the expertize of an on-board marine biologist
DescriptionIf the transfer option is selected, your adventure will start pickup from your hotel in Cape Town. Take a 2.5-hour drive along a scenic route to get to your destination - the Great White House. Once there, enjoy a breakfast or lunch before a safety briefing about what to expect. Then, stroll to the harbor to board a dedicated shark-diving vessel. Journey to Dyer Island in 20 minutes and drop anchor where the sharks reside. Your boat will have all the amenities, along with drinks and snacks for your comfort. Collect your waterproof bag containing your dive kit and then get up close to these magnificent animals in their natural environment, protected of course by a cage. You'll be completely safe, but your adrenaline will be pumping like crazy! This is sure to be an experience you will never forget. Travel through shark alley if conditions permit before returning to land for a debriefing and a warm bowl of soup. Then, enjoy free entry to the African penguin and seabird sanctuary on your way back to Cape Town (if option selected).
IncludesTransport from and back to Cape Town (if option chosen) All dive equipment Breakfast or lunch upon arrival Snacks and drinks on board Light lunch after your dive Briefing sessions before and after the trip Visit to the African Penguin and Seabird Sanctuary Souvenirs at the curio shop Extra meals and drinks Professional trip footage
- This is a full day activity (8-10 hours)
- Catering to any dietary requirement is possible
- There are no age restrictions for the boat trip, but children must be over 7 years old to do the dive
- Viewing from the boat is also possible - it is not mandatory to dive
- The boats and welcome facilities are wheelchair friendly - the boat can accommodate 2 wheelchairs per trip
- Please note that sightings are not guaranteed
- This trip is weather dependent
- Starting times mentioned are subject to change daily and only used as indication
- Exact pick-up time can only be confirmed the afternoon before the trip after a detailed weather check has been done - you will be contacted to confirm.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now