Gansbaai: Shark Cage Diving Experience34 Reviews
Cage diving with great white sharks in South Africa is a once in a lifetime experience - Shark diving with White Shark Projects can provide you with a unique opportunity to witness the wonder of the Great White Shark in a safe and professional environment
- Meeting a great white eye to eye
- Be in a safe environment up close and personal with a great white shark
- Spend a day in the company of the excellent crew!
- Learn first hand about the wonders and misteries of the great white shark
DescriptionSouth Africa has privileged access to great white sharks … if you know where to go and when. Enjoy great white sharks face-to-face. Observing and diving with these creatures under the correct conditions and guidance is a wonderful experience. Even ‘anti-shark’ people return from an expedition or diving trip with love, and certainly respect, for the great white. This tour is without doubt the most successful white shark diving tour in the world: Working in the unique marine area off the southern Cape coast, the skippers log more contact with great white sharks than anyone else worldwide. Tour itinerary: · Breakfast at the stunning Lodge The continental breakfast consists of freshly made muffins, quiches, yogurt, cereals, toast and cold meats, tea and coffee. · Your day at sea and a lecture on board The skipper of the day gives a short lecture on the Great White Shark and explains how the tour supplier works with the sharks in the area. You will spend 2 to 4 hours at sea, depending on how often the sharks visit the boat. Be sure to ask as many questions as you can think up! · Diving and viewing The cage takes 6 people at a time. Each person spends about 20 minutes in the cage. All scuba equipment, including 7 mm wetsuits, is provided – you don’t need a scuba licence to cage dive. · Afternoon refreshments On your return to dry land, you will return to the Lodge for a light lunch. · A DVD of your trip A professional videographer will film your trip.
IncludesBreakfast Lunch Diving equipment Boat trip Certificate DVD Merchandise
- Due to tides and collection schedules, exact collection times can only be confirmed at 4:00 PM on the day prior to your tour. The local operator will get in touch with the exact starting time
- Driving time from Cape Town is approximately 2 hours and from Hermanus 45 minutes
- No diving experience is necessary
- Bring your swimsuit and sun protection: sunscreen, hat, sunglasses etc.
- Anti-seasickness tablets are strongly recommended
- Please bring a warm jacket and sensible shoes
- Child policy: children under the age of 6 are not permitted on the boat due to the duration of the tour being 3-4 hours out at sea. An in-house babysitting service for children under the age of 6 is offered at an additional charge
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY