My Guide Website?
Garden Route and Addo Elephant National Park: 6-Day Safari72 Reviews
This popular tour is an adventurous, yet relaxed and affordable way to explore South Africa’s Garden Route. Enjoy six-days of visiting the area’s key landmarks, exploring nature, learning about the region’s culture and taking part in daring activities.
- This popular tour is an adventurous, yet relaxed and affordable way to explore South Africa’s Garden Route
- Your qualified tour guides will take you to Hermanus, Mossel Bay, Wilderness, Knysna, Tsitsikamma, Addo, Sedgefield, Route 62 and more
- Take part in activities like canoeing and hiking in Wilderness National Park and game viewing in Addo Elephant National Park
- Test your daring and participate in a shark tank dive, bungee jumping, whale watching, sand boarding and open vehicle safari drive
- Pick-up from any hotel in Cape Town or Stellenbosch and their surrounding areas included
- Transportation, dinners and breakfasts, as well as five nights of accommodation included
DescriptionDay 1: Cape Town – Hermanus – Cape Agulhas The tour departs from Cape Town/Stellenbosch and heads to Hermanus. The tour follows the scenic coastal road and includes a stop at Betty's Bay to see a colony of endangered African penguins. Spend the afternoon in the seaside resort town of Hermanus, famous for playing home to hundreds of Southern Right whales from July to November. The town also features many shops, restaurants, and markets. In the afternoon you'll drive on to Cape Agulhas, the southernmost tip of Africa, where you'll see the point where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet. Day 2: Cape Agulhas – Oudtshoorn Travel to Oudtshoorn in the Little Karoo, known as the ostrich capital of the world, via scenic Route 62, South Africa’s longest wine route. Sample local wines before experiencing the subterranean beauty of the Cango Caves on a guided tour. Day 3: Oudtshoorn – Knysna – Sedgefield After breakfast head over to Outeniqua Mountain Pass, where you'll explore Wilderness National Park by canoe. Enjoy an easy paddle up the Touw River through the indigenous forest, admiring the diverse local birds along the way. After about 40 minutes, leave your canoe behind for a 2-kilometer hike along a boardwalk that leads to rock pools and a lovely waterfall. Afterwards, head to the famous town of Knysna via the beautiful Garden Route Lake District. This small, upscale town is filled with curios and restaurants, and also features a waterfront where you can grab lunch and do some shopping. After leaving Knysna, head to the Knysna Heads viewing point to enjoy views of the Knysna River estuary and the Indian Ocean. Spend the late afternoon exploring the beaches of Sedgefield. Day 4: Sedgefield- Tsitsikamma - Addo After breakfast, head off to Tsitsikamma National Park. En route, you'll stop at Bloukrans Bridge, the world’s tallest bungee jump bridge, standing at 216 meters tall. You'll spend the afternoon in Tsitsikamma National Park, which features a unique combination of indigenous forest and beautiful Indian Ocean coastline. The park has a wide range of activities on offer, including hikes of varying lengths, a walk across a suspension bridge, and swimming. In the late afternoon, depart the Garden Route for Addo. Day 5: Addo-Wilderness/Mossel Bay Spend the morning exploring Addo Elephant National Park. You'll get up to 2-3 hours to roam the 28,000-hectare national reserve, home to approximately 600 elephants and various other animals, including cape buffalo, lions, black rhinos, warthogs, zebras, elands, kudus, hartebeest, and many more. After an exciting morning of game viewing drive back to the heart of the Garden Route where you will stay overnight in Wilderness or Mossel Bay. Day 6: Wilderness –Mossel Bay - Cape Town After enjoying breakfast, stop in Mossel Bay to spend some time on the gorgeous beaches, hike the Cape St. Blaize trail along cliffs overlooking the Indian Ocean, and visit the famous Diaz Museum complex, which commemorates the first known European exploration around the tip of Africa. Return to Cape Town/Stellenbosch in the early evening. The more adventurous can try a 10,000 foot tandem skydive or sandboarding on the longest dune in South Africa. Arrive back at Cape Town/ Stellenbosch in the early evening.
IncludesAir-conditioned transport throughout 5 nights' accommodation – backpacker and guesthouse options available Dinners and breakfasts, except on Day 5 Local wine tasting Cango Caves adventure tour Canoeing and hiking in Wilderness National Park Wilderness viewing safari in Addo Elephant National Park Hiking in Tsitsikamma National Park Gratuities Optional activities – bungee jumping, tandem skydiving, treetop canopy tour, sand boarding, seasonal whale and dolphin watching, shark cage diving, open vehicle Addo tour Meals on Day 5 Lunches Snacks
- Tour departs every Monday, all year round
- This is an active tour. It is best suited towards those who like to be on the move, and can comfortably walk, carry luggage, and get in and out of the vehicle frequently
- Tour fee varies by accommodation type
- Those who select the shark cage diving option will be picked up very early in the morning on day 1 by the diving operator, and will miss the first half of day 1
- Please note that the itinerary given is sometimes done in a different order
- Travelers as young as 14 can attend, if accompanied by a parent/legal guardian
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now