My Guide Website?
Half Day Cape Point Tour23 Reviews
Enjoy the scenic drive along the Atlantic coast and the spectacular views over the Twelve Apostles. Visit the Cape Point Nature Reserve with a wide variety of wildlife and see the union of the Atlantic and the Indian Ocean, as per legend.
- Scenic drive past Clifton beach, Camps Bay & Llundudno
- Scenic Chapman's Peak drive (if open)
- Visit Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Visit penguins at Boulders Beach (optional and time permitting)
DescriptionOur tour begins with a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, passing through the cosmopolitan suburb of Sea Point and Camps Bay with its glorious views of the Twelve Apostles, part of the Table Mountain range. From here we travel to the Cape Point Nature Reserve, comprising over 17,300 acres of indigenous fauna and flora. Here we can see a variety of wildlife that includes baboons, rhebok, Cape Mountain zebra, bontebok and the elusive eland. The reserve is also one of the world's largest breeding grounds for tortoises. Bird-watchers, too, will find many fine species to observe. The majestic coastline offers drama worthy of being called 'Nature's Greatest Show.' We'll be able to see the union of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans (as per legend), and may even feel the brisk wind that is dubbed the 'Cape Doctor' for its presumed curative powers. Following the coastline along False Bay, we'll return to Cape Town by way of the Simon's Town (optional, own account & time permitting visit to Penguin colony), Fish Hoek fishing village and Muizenberg. We return to Cape Town, passing the University of Cape Town, Rhodes Memorial and the Groote Schuur Hospital.
IncludesReturn transfers from central Cape Town hotels Entrance fees to Cape Point Nature Reserve Chapman’s Peak Drive toll fees (if open)
- This tour departs daily.
- Bring comfortable shoes.
- This tour returns Cape Town between 1 PM and 1:30 PM (the drop-off time depends on the number of drop-offs)
- Entrance fees to the Cape Point Nature Reserve, and the Chapman's Peak Drive toll fees (if open) are included in the cost of the activity
- The entrance fee to Boulders penguin colony (time permitting) is not included in the cost of the activity
- Minimum 2 adults required