Half Day Trip to Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
Discover the wonders outside of Cape Town on this half-day tour. Pass through charming rural villages, learn about the local way of life, and visit the iconic Boulder’s Beach where you can admire playful penguins in their natural habitat.
- Admire the historical and brightly colored houses in the Bo-Kaap district
- Pass through some of Africa's richest suburbs including Bantry Bay and Camps Bay
- Explore the rural village of Nordhoek and learn about local life
- Drive along the breathtaking Chapman's Peak and soak up panoramic views
- See playful penguins in their natural habitat at Boulder's Beach
DescriptionThe adventure begins with pickup from your hotel in Cape Town and heads to the brightly colored Bo-Kaap district. After a stop for photos, continue on towards the Atlantic Sea passing by some of Africa’s richest suburbs including Bantry Bay, Clifton, and Camps Bay. Later, enjoy a 20 minute stopover at the scenic Hout Bay, a charming town surrounded by mountains and the ocean. Continue the tour south via the majestic Chapman’s Peak Drive, locally known as Chapies. Afterwards, explore the farm village of Noordhoek, boasting a selection of bakeries, cafés, juicers and more. Mingle with the locals and shop for souvenirs before heading back on the road to Simon’s Town, home to Boulder’s Beach. At the beach, walk along the boardwalk and marvel at the penguins in their natural habitat. Spend some time taking photos and learn about these fascinating creatures. From here, drive along the eastern side of the peninsula, passing the quaint towns of Fish Hoek, Kalk Bay, and Muizenberg. The final stop of the tour is Muizenberg Beach where you can take photos of the colorful huts that line the shore. The day ends with drop-off back to your accommodation.
IncludesTransportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Boulder's Beach entry fee Bottled water Food and drink (other than water) Gratuities
- This tour takes place rain or shine
- This is a half-day tour that ends around 1:00 PM
- Please note, you are not permitted to feed or touch the penguins
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability