Robben Island: Ferry Ticket and Tour with 1-Way Hotel Pickup499 Reviews
Secure a ticket for the ferry to Robben Island and visit the prison where Nelson Mandela was kept during Apartheid. Learn about the dramatic history of South Africa through the voice of one of the former prisoners.
- Pre-book your ticket to Robben Island to secure your visit
- Enjoy the comfort of a hotel pick-up
- Learn about life during Apartheid through the voice of a former prisoner
- Visit the cell where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned
DescriptionYour driver will pick you up in central Cape Town with a shared bus and drop you at the V&A Waterfront, not far from the Robben Island Museum, where the ferry to the island departs from. Only after receiving your ticket from the local operator, make your way to the Nelson Mandela Gateway to Robben Island. The ferry trip lasts about 45 minutes: at your arrival you will first have a bus tour of the island and then you will be given the opportunity to visit the prison and the cell where Nelson Mandela was kept for 18 of his 27 prison years. Learn about the dramatic history of South Africa through the voice of a former prisoner. After the tour you will get a return boat to Cape Town and you will be dropped off at the V&A Waterfront. Here you will be free to return to your accommodation independently or continue touring the beautiful city.
IncludesPick-up from hotel and accommodations in central Cape Town Ferry ticket to Robben Island Tour of the island and prison Hotel and accommodation drop off Food and lunch (optional) Gratuities (optional)
- The ferry to Robben Island is subject to weather and sometimes trips get cancelled. In case of cancellation, you will be able to reschedule directly at the Robben Island ticket counter (subject to availability) or apply for a refund to GetYourGuide.
- For rescheduled tickets you will have to make your own way to the waterfront.
- Note that the tour ends at the Robben Island ferry gateway. You will be asked to make your own way back to your hotel.
- The local operator might need to reach you on the phone shortly before the tour. When booking, please make sure to provide the number where you will be reachable while in Cape Town.
- Please make sure to bring your passport / IDs on the day of the tour. Copies are accepted as well.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY