Table Mountain: Tranquility Cracks Hike
Enjoy panoramic views of Lions Head, the turquoise ocean and white beaches around Camps Bay and the vineyards of Constantia. Explore hidden cracks in the mountains where magical forests grow.
- Walk the contour path with beautiful views of white beaches and turquoise oceans
- Climb up a panoramic ravine towering over you to the summit of one of the Apostles
- Explore magical cavities in the mountain tops that are full of forests
- Venture past the old cable station
- Descend another gorgeous ravine made for beautiful pictures
DescriptionYour hike will start along the scenic pipe track, South West of Table Mountain, below the Twelve Apostles and above the white beaches of Camps Bay. This track is relatively flat and is a great way to warm up for the hike up Corridor Ravine later on. Your passionate and knowledgeable guide will point out landmarks as well as entertain you with some interesting stories of people who lived in these mountains once upon a time. The rusty old iron pipe that you follow disappears into the mountain before you ascend up a ravine to the top of one of the Apostle Buttresses. From here you can look down to the ocean one side and across to the green vineyards of Constantia on the other. You guide will then show you to a hidden gem on Table Mountain. Ancient cracks in the rock with views out onto Camps Bay and Lions Head. Enjoy a break and eat some food in these cool and shady caverns and explore the labyrinth. Walk the spine trail back towards the Table Top and visit the old Cable Station and overhanging rock so famous on Instagram. Descend down Kasteelport, another ravine that was used to transport material to build the dams on Table Mountain. Luckily, all you will be carrying is yourself and a few light pieces of gear.
IncludesGuide Permits Bottled water Light snack Transport
- All hikes are subject to weather conditions
- Please note that times can change slightly on your guide’s expert advice, your guide will contact you the day before with specific details. Please keep your phone active
- Please bring water, warm clothing, sunscreen, snacks and comfortable hiking shoes
- This hike will not be suitable for children under 10
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability