My Guide Website?
Cape Town: Great African Sea Forest Guided Snorkel5 Reviews
Explore the kelp forests of Cape Town on a guided snorkeling tour with a marine biologist. Learn about the underwater ecosystem and its amazing animals, and directly contribute to marine science.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Delve into the beauty of the Sea Forest, with its uniquely rich biodiversity
- Contribute directly to ongoing marine research and vital conservation efforts
- Interact with local marine life like sea urchins, octopi, and friendly sharks
- Get special access to the FinSpotter app to stay updated on your shark sightings
- Become an Ocean Ambassador as an honor for your assistance with marine research
DescriptionJoin a team of marine biologists in the Great African Sea Forest to spot some incredible underwater life, and help out with their research on sharks. During this guided snorkeling tour, you’ll learn from experts about the underwater forest and get a glimpse of a variety of beautiful marine species. Your guide will lead you through the Sea Forest, as you learn about how octopi hunt, find shysharks' favorite hiding spots, and discover why sea urchins wear ‘hats’. Then, you’ll get a role in ongoing shark research, as you find and collect photo identification of a friendly endemic shark species.
IncludesMarine biologist guide Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit) Photos In-depth briefing of the area and activity by a marine biologist
- Activity will take place rain or shine You'll need to be able to swim or at least be comfortable in the water This activity does not require a high fitness level