My Guide Website?
Cape Town: Half-Day Guided City Sightseeing Tour by Bus4 Reviews
Explore the vibrant city of Cape Town on this guided bus tour that showcases the city's heritage and landmarks like the Iziko South African Museum. Capture pictures of the colorful Bo-Kaap Village.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hout Bay: Duiker Island Seal Colony Cruise
- Cape Town: Cultural Cycling Tour
- Cape Town: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with Optional Cruise
- Garden Route and Addo Elephant National Park: 5-Day Safari
- Cape Town: Garden Route and Addo Elephant Park 6-Day Safari
- Step back in time as your guide transports you into Cape Town's past
- Visit Bo-Kaap and take a photo in the most photographed village in the country
- Soak up stunning views of Signal Hill, Table Mountain and the coastline
- Marvel at the crystal-clear waters along the beaches of Clifton and Camp’s Bay
- Have the chance to visit the Iziko South African Museum and Company Gardens
DescriptionDiscover the highlights of on a half-day bus tour that includes hotel transfers from the City Bowl district in Cape Town. Visit the bustling central business district of Cape Town which lies in the shadow of Table Mountain and admire the charming seaside towns of Clifton and Camp’s Bay. Start your tour with convenient pickup from any location in the City Bowl district. Immerse yourself in the main heritage landmarks and dive into the rich history behind the oldest city in South Africa with the help of your guide. Find out how the city was built by the Dutch East India Company and see many of the historic sites that served as military, administrative, and civilian facilities. Stop at the Iziko South African Museum where you can purchase tickets to visit this museum that was founded in 1825 and is situated in the historic Company’s Gardens. The state-of-the-art Iziko South African Museum houses a vast collection of historical artefacts. Have the free time to explore 1.5 million specimens of scientific importance, see the fascinating Planetarium on the property, and visit the gorgeous Company Gardens that were created in the 1650s and provided the first settlers with fresh produce to replenish their food stores on ships. Head to the vibrant village of Bo-Kaap which lies at the foot of Signal Hill. Formerly known as the Malay Quarter, it was home to the Indonesian and Asian slaves that were bought to Cape Town by the Dutch. Many of inhabitants living in Bo-Kaap today are descendants these people. Stop to snap photos of Bo-Kaap, which is one of the most photographed villages in the country because of its brightly-painted homes and steep cobbled streets. End with a leisurely drive past Signal Hill and down Kloof Road to the beautiful seaside towns of Clifton and Camp’s Bay. Enjoy incredible views of Table Mountain, Lions Head, Signal Hill, and the glistening Atlantic Ocean. View the Blue Flag beaches of Clifton and Camp’s Bay. Drive back to Cape Town City Bowl along the Atlantic Seaboard passing through Sea Point and Green Point. Be dropped off at your hotel with a new appreciation for the city of Cape Town.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in City Bowl district of Cape Town Cape Town sightseeing tour Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Registered, English-speaking guide Wi-Fi on board the vehicle Earphones to hear your guide clearly
- This activity takes place rain or shine
- If you book this tour on the day that you plan to fly out of Cape Town International Airport, then it is suggested that you reserve a domestic flight that departs no earlier than 7:30 PM or an international flight that departs no earlier than 9:00 PM
- The Iziko South African Museum is 60 ZAR for adults, 60 ZAR for children, and 60 ZAR for pensioners and students R60