My Guide Website?
Cape Town: India Venster Half-Day Hike on Table Mountain7 Reviews
This route offers breathtaking views of the City, West Coast, Robben Island, spectacular rock formations, Twelve Apostles and surrounding mountains covering all sides of Table Mountain.
- Take in spectacular views of the city, Robben Island and beyond on a clear day as you ascend Table Mountain
- Look through the India Venster (Afrikaans for 'Window') and be wowed by the view
- Enjoy the views covering all of Table Mountain
DescriptionStarting near the lower cable car station, this hike will take 3-4 hours to the top. Look out for indigenous flora, like the King Protea, wander at the spectacular rock formations, like the India Venster (“Window” in Afrikaans), and witness views as far as the eye can see, taking in Robben Island and the whole of Table Bay. The sense of adventure is amazing!
IncludesAll transport to and from your accommodation Services of your qualified experienced mountain guide Water and a snack
- This is a strenuous hike and is only suitable for people who are relatively fit. The hike involves scrambling and exposure to heights (narrow ledges – nothing extreme) about 15% of the way. For those with extreme height phobias, this may not be the hike for you. Kasteelspoort (12 Apostles) hike, Platteklip Gorge, or Skeleton Gorge hike are recommended as alternatives. All of these hikes end at the Upper Cableway where you will take the cableway down
- If the cableway is not running due to weather or maintenance, your guide will walk you down again, which adds about 2 hours and we charge an additional R300 per person, which can be paid to your guide in cash.