My Guide Website?
Cape Town: Shark Cage Dive12 Reviews
Set off on a half-day shark tour in False Bay. Keep your eyes peeled for shark species including the bronze whaler and seven-gill cow sharks. Other wildlife can include seals, dolphins, and whales.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get up close with the ocean’s apex predator on this signature Cape Town experience
- Look for blue sharks, mako sharks, seven gill sharks, and, of course, the notorious great white shark at Seal Island or Cape Point
- Enjoy a safe experience with first-aid trained staff on a purpose-built boat
DescriptionThis half-day tour, just outside Cape Town, allows you to see a variety of shark species throughout the year according to the seasons, weather, water temperature, and other factors. Venture to Seal Island or Cape Point to see seven-gill cow sharks, mako sharks, blue sharks, and great white sharks. The location for the day will be determined by the best shark activity and sea conditions and will be confirmed with you the day before your trip. A small group of guests onboard allows for better viewing opportunities and a longer cage dive. The cage accommodates four guests comfortably and is fixed to the boat just above the surface of the water.
IncludesDive gear including mask, snorkel, weight belt, and wet suit (5 mm) Coffee/tea, light meal aboard, snacks, and refreshments Hotel pickup and drop-off in Cape Town (if option selected) Educational booklet
- This tour is weather dependent and will only be confirmed the day before your booking
- Exact meeting/pickup times will be confirmed the afternoon prior to the trip
- An official, licensed shark cage diving operator with crew certified specifically for this industry will be present
- No diving experience required • Sightings are not guaranteed