My Guide Website?
Cape Town: The Cape Wheel Ticket197 Reviews
Enjoy this 360-degree panoramic view of Table Mountain, Robben Island, the Cape Town city skyline, and local mountains from the Cape Wheel in the V&A Waterfront. Each ride takes four revolutions, lasting about 15 minutes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hout Bay: Duiker Island Seal Colony Cruise
- Cape Town: Cultural Cycling Tour
- Cape Town: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with Optional Cruise
- Garden Route and Addo Elephant National Park: 5-Day Safari
- Cape Town: Garden Route and Addo Elephant Park 6-Day Safari
- Admire panoramic views of the Atlantic Coast, Robben Island, Cape Town skyline, Table Mountain, and Hottentots range
- See detailed views of the working harbor, V&A Waterfront
- Benefit from a tour that is wheelchair-friendly
DescriptionEnjoy a spectacular 360-degree panoramic views of the Mother City from the iconic and vibrant V&A Waterfront on the Cape Wheel. With 30 fully enclosed, air conditioned cabins which gently rise 40 metres above the ground in safety and comfort, it’s fun for the whole family, all year long. From a vantage point high in the sky, gorgeous views of Table Mountain, Robben Island, the Cape Town city skyline, and local mountains are unveiled. The breath-taking display is enjoyed for four revolutions a ride, lasting about 15 minutes. Two wheelchair-friendly cabins are available, making this an inviting experience for everyone. The Wheel of Excellence, now also known as the Cape Wheel, was designed by Ronald Bussink, and was constructed in Germany in 2007. The wheel, which stands 50 metres high and takes nearly a week to assemble, has travelled around the world, visiting Belgium twice, Germany twice, and Sweden from 2009-2010. It first visited Cape Town in 2010 where it was initially meant to remain for only a six-month period during the FIFA World Cup. But since then it has found a permanent home at the V&A Waterfront, the oldest working harbor in Cape Town.
IncludesThe Wheel entrance ticket
- Open Wednesday - Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM