My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: 5-Day Best of Garden Route and Addo Safari124 Reviews
Discover South African wildlife and beauty in some of the country's national parks. Explore some of the top spots while driving along the Garden Route to explore this southeastern coastal paradise.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Stellenbosch: Paint with wine experience.
- Cape Town: Half-Day Guided Township Tour
- Cape Town: E-scooter History Experience with Coffee
- Cape Town: Private Wine Tour
- Cape Town: 2 Oceans Helicopter Flight with Boat Tour Ticket
- Go on safari to see most of the Big Five at Addo Elephant National Park
- Zipline through the luscious Tsitsikamma forest
- Hike over suspension bridges with views of a secret beach
- Jump from the highest commercial bridge bungy
DescriptionDay 1: Route 62 Start with a morning pickup (6am to 7am) from your accommodation in Cape Town and Stellenbosch. Travel about 450km ( about 6 hours driving) along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world, with a wine-tasting stop (non-alcoholic tasting available too) before reaching Oudtshoorn by afternoon. For a close encounter with Mother Nature, opt in to join elephant guides on an Elephant Observation in Nature (at extra cost) and observe 3 lovable rescued elephants in their natural Cango Valley bush veld habitat. Overnight at Uthando Backpackers (Dorm or Saver Backpack package) or 88 van Rheede Guesthouse (3 star Comfort Stay package) or Hlangana lodge or similar (4 star Luxe package). Ask to upgrade to Buffelsdrift at extra fee. Day 2: Oudtshoorn Travel time today is about 250km / 3 hours. Visit a working ostrich farm and see the largest flightless birds in the world. Next, head to the mountains to go deep underground in the illuminated wonder world of the Cango Caves, exploring vast halls filled with ancient stalactites before traveling onward for about 400km to reach the Addo town region. Overnight at Avaco Cabins (Dorm or Saver -) or Gerald's Gift (Comfort-) or Addo Wildlife lodge or similar (Luxe package). Day 3: Addo, Jeffreys Bay Travel route about 300km / 3 hours. Rise early for the best chance to spot wildlife as the bush awakes in Addo Elephant National Park, the 3rd largest national park in South Africa. Opt in for the park's own optional 4x4 safari drive in a large open-top truck and join your own group after breakfast for the included 2-hour van game drive with your guideo search for some of the big five animals; if lucky you'll spot elephants, buffalos, lion & more. Travel about 200km to J'bay to either spend free time at the beach or choosing between optional surfing or beach horseback riding (extra cost). Overnight at Island Vibe (Dorm or Saver -) or Sea Whisper (Comfort -) or On The Beach Lodge or similar (Luxe package). Day 4: Tsitsikamma, Sedgefield Travel route about 300km / 3 hours. After breakfast, drive inland to experience an optional highest Bungy jump bridge in the world, optional Waterfall Zipline over waterfalls in Tsitsikamma forest (both at extra cost) or choose to have free time and arrive early to spend more time in Tsitsikamma National Park. After all had some time to explore the park, drive onward with a photo stop at Knysna's lagoon en route to Sedgefield. Overnight at Pili Pili Backpackers (Dorm or Saver-) Fairy Knowe (Comfort-) or Dolphin Dunes or similar (Luxe package). Day 5: Wilderness Travel route about 400km / 6 hours. Take the road back along the coastline and views of calm rivers in the wilderness region. Journey back to Cape Town, with an optional optional 4x4 Botlierskop game drive at extra cost. Your adventure ends with evening drop-offs in Cape Town or Stellenbosch (between 8pm to 10pm).
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation (within a 10-km radius of Cape Town and from Stellenbosch) Tour guide Transportation in an air-conditioned minivan Accommodation for 4 nights (as per option selected) 4 Breakfasts Cango Caves adventure tour Ostrich farm tour Entrance to Addo National Park Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park 2-hour game drive in Addo National Park by tour bus 4x4 Safari Game Drive at a private game reserve Route 62 wine tasting
- The tour itinerary can run in a different order to ensure the optimal experience as per the season.
- Travel route about 1900 km in total / driving about 4 to 6 hours daily. This fast-paced packed itinerary tour is ideal for the young-at-heart that has limited time to travel this region.
- Accommodation may change to a similar option if the preferred options listed are not available.
- In peak season (Dec 10-Jan 10) you may stay for 2 nights in Jeffreys Bay instead of Addo.
- Optional activities are weather dependent and can be paid for during the tour.
- Pickup time is usually from 6 AM to 7 AM. A check-in email will be sent confirming the exact pickup time a day before the tour departs. End of tour time can vary subject to traffic and weather.
- Leopards are nocturnal hunters and evasive. It's unlikely to see leopards during these game drives in the mountainous Western Cape and Garden Route regions.
- A portion of your trip fee is donated to help fund local community projects.