My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: 5-Day Best of Garden Route and Addo Safari87 Reviews
Discover South African wildlife in some of the country's best national parks, traveling along the Garden Route. In this untamed paradise on the southeastern coast you can set your sense of adventure free at beaches, on safari, on ziplines and lots more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Go on safari to see most of the Big Five at Addo Elephant National Park
- Zipline through the luscious Tsitsikamma forest
- Hike over suspension bridges with views of a secret beach
- Paddle through the staggering scenery and abundant birdlife
- Jump from the highest commercial bridge bungy
DescriptionDay 1: Route 62 Start with a morning pickup (6am to 7am) from your accommodation in Cape Town and Stellenbosch. Travel about 450km along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world, with a wine-tasting stop (non-alcoholic tasting available too) before reaching Oudtshoorn by afternoon. For a close encounter with Mother Nature, opt in to join elephant guides on an Elephant Observation Nature Walk (at extra cost) and follow 3 lovable rescued elephants in their natural Cango Valley bush veld habitat. Overnight at Uthando Backpackers (Dorm or Saver package) or 88 van Rheede Guesthouse (Comfort package) or Buffelsdrift Lodge (Deluxe package). Day 2: Oudtshoorn Visit a working ostrich farm and see the largest flightless birds in the world. Next, head to the mountains to go deep underground in the illuminated wonder world of the Cango Caves, exploring vast halls filled with ancient stalactites before traveling onward for about 400km to reach the Addo town region. Overnight at Avaco Cabins (Dorm or Saver -) or Gerald's Gift (Comfort-) or Addo Wildlife lodge (Deluxe package). Day 3: Addo, Jeffreys Bay An early morning start allows the best option to spot wildlife as the bush awakes in Addo Elephant National Park, the 3rd largest national park in South Africa. Join the park's optional 4x4 game drive or simply take the included 2-hour safari bus drive. Along with. your guide, search for some of the big five, which includes elephants, buffalos, lions, leopards, and rhinos. Travel about 200km to J'bay and spend time with free time at the beach; choosing between surfing, beach horseback riding, or sand boarding (all optional at extra cost). Overnight at Island Vibe (Dorm or Saver -) or Sea Whisper (Comfort -) or On The Beach Lodge (Deluxe package). Day 4: Tsitsikamma, Sedgefield After breakfast, drive 250km to go experience an optional highest Bungy jump bridge in the world, optional Waterfall Zipline over waterfalls in Tsitsikamma forest (both at extra cost) or choose to have free time and arrive early to spend more time in Tsitsikamma National Park. After all had some time to explore the park, drive onward with a photo stop at Knysna's lagoon en route to Sedgefield. Overnight at Pili Pili Backpackers (Dorm or Saver-) Fairy Knowe (Comfort-) or Dolphin Dunes (Deluxe package). Day 5: Wilderness Take to the water for a leisurely kayak session to a hidden waterfall along the calm rivers of the wilderness region. As part of a 400km journey back to Cape Town, spot wildlife on a 4x4 Botlierskop game drive (at extra cost) or relax at Mossel Bay's Diaz Beach after walking to the Cape St Blaize lighthouse. Your adventure ends with evening drop-offs in Cape Town or Stellenbosch (between 8pm to 10pm).
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation (within a 10-kilometer radius of Cape Town and from Stellenbosch) Tour guide Transportation in an air-conditioned minivan Accommodation for 4 nights (as per option selected) 4 breakfasts Cango Caves adventure tour Ostrich farm tour Entrance to Addo National Park Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park 2-hour game drive in Addo National Park by tour bus Wilderness canoeing Route 62 wine tasting
- The tour itinerary can run in a different order to ensure the optimal experience as per the season.
- In peak season (Dec 10-Jan 10) you may stay for 2 nights in Jeffreys Bay instead of Addo.
- Optional activities are weather dependent and can be paid for during the tour. Prices are subject to change.
- Addo 4x4 optional safari may need to be booked before the tour.
- Pickup time is usually from 6am to 7am. A check-in email will be sent confirming the exact pickup time a day before the tour departs. End of tour time is a estimate and can vary subject to traffic and weather.
- Accommodation may change to a similar grading option if the preferred options listed are not available. Accommodation can only be confirmed after the tour is paid in full.
- Leopards are nocturnal hunters and evasive. It's unlikely to see leopards during these game drives in the mountainous Western Cape and Garden Route regions.
- A portion of your trip fee is donated to help fund local community projects.