My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: 7 Day Garden Route, Addo and Winelands Combo10 Reviews
Embark on a 7-day tour of the Garden Route, Cape Winelands, Addo National Park, Cape Point, and southeast coast of South Africa. Look for wild animals, explore lush forests, and enjoy a game drive.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hout Bay: Duiker Island Seal Colony Cruise
- Cape Town: Cultural Cycling Tour
- Cape Town: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with Optional Cruise
- Garden Route and Addo Elephant National Park: 5-Day Safari
- Cape Town: Garden Route and Addo Elephant Park 6-Day Safari
- Sample fine wines and join the Wine Tram in the Cape Winelands
- Enjoy an Addo safari drive, looking for wild elephant herds and the Big 5
- Chill out with some beach time in the surf town of Jeffery's Bay
- Observe elephants in natural setting
DescriptionJoin the ultimate Garden Route experience: explore the winding roads from Cape Town to Addo National Park with a combo tour package including a 2-day Western Cape tour and a 5-day Garden Route tour. Enjoy accommodation, tastings, bushwalks, and more. Day 1-2: Cape Winelands and Cape Point (Travel route in total is about 2000 km and about 3 to 6 hours driving driving) Sample wine paired with cheese at the Fairview wine estate and enjoy chocolate at the Muratie Wine Estate in the scenic Cape Winelands. Join a 15-minute wine tram journey to Rickety Bridge in the historic town of Franschhoek for a Taste & Tram tour along the Cape Winelands (or similar). Continue to spend time in Franschhoek for lunch before you return to Cape Town for your overnight stay as per your selected package: Never@home Backpackers (Saver), Sea Point Protea or Sky hotel (Comfort), or Garden Court Hotel Victoria Junction or similar (Deluxe). The next day, travel via Chapman's Peak towards Cape Point. After a short hike to the top of the lighthouse and a stroll down to the Cape of Good Hope, journey along Boulder's Beach to visit the penguins. Drive past colorful beach huts at Muizenberg Beach before another overnight stay in Cape Town. Day 3: Oudtshoorn Capture the beauty of the high mountains and rugged Karoo Plains on a drive along the legendary Route 62 to reach and explore the Cango Caves. Stay the night in Oudtshoorn: Uthando Backpackers (Saver), 88 Baron van Rheede Guesthouse (Comfort), or Hlangana Lodge (Deluxe) *ask to upgrade to Buffelsdrift Lodge. Day 4: Addo • Travel route about 300 km / 4 hours driving. Fall in love with giant orphaned elephants on an optional bush walk. Visit an ostrich farm before spending the night in the town of Addo: Avoca Cabins (Saver), Gerlads Gift Guesthouse (Comfort), Addo Wildlife Lodge or similar (Deluxe). Day 5: Addo and J’bay Look for wildlife on a game drive by tour bus at Addo Elephant National Park, home to the densest population of wild elephants on the planet. Chill at J’bay Beach: relax or swim, or join in optional activities like beach horse riding or surfing. Stay overnight at Jeffrey's Bay: Island Vibe Backpackers (Saver), Sea Whisper (Comfort), or On The Beach Guesthouse or similar(Deluxe). Day 6: Wilderness Face your fear during an optional jump from the world's highest bungee bridge at the Bloukrans, zip-line over waterfalls, or have more time to explore the Tsitsikamma National Park. Visit The Heads Viewpoint at Knysna, then stay overnight in the Wilderness National Park area: PiliPili Backpackers (Saver), Fairy Knowe (Comfort), or Dolphin Dune or similar(Deluxe). Day 7: Wilderness National Park Venture along the coast through the Wilderness region towards the Cape. Choose to partake in an optional 4x4 Botlierskop Game Reserve Safari before arriving back in the Cape in the evening.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Local guide Accommodation for 6 nights (depending on option selected) Wine and cheese tastings Wine and chocolate pairings Cango Caves adventure tour Ostrich farm tour Addo National Park entry tickets 4x4 Game Drive in Game Reserve Tsitsikamma National Park entry tickets Addo National Park game drive by bus Cape of Good Hope entry fees Rickety Bridge wine tasting (approximately 15 minutes) Donation to fund local community projects
- Optional activities are pre-reserved for your convenience by the activity provider but can only be paid locally and confirmed on the day of the activity (prices shown are approximate) Your vehicle, guide, and tour members can change during the trip
- Travel route about 2000 km in total / driving about 3 to 6 hours daily. This fast-paced packed itinerary tour package combo is ideal for the young-at-heart that only have limited time to travel this region. The exact itinerary is subject to change and may need to run in a different order Peak season is from December 10 to January 10. During this time, you may stay for 2 nights in Jeffrey's Bay instead of in Addo Accommodation listed are the preferred options, and may need to be changed to similar standard property if sold out.