From Cape Town: Franschhoek Wine Tram Hop-on Hop-off137 Reviews
The Franschhoek Wine Tram hop-on hop-off tour is one of the best ways to discover the true essence of this picturesque valley, its rolling vineyards, breath-taking scenery, warm hospitality, world-class cuisine, fine wines and a 300-year history.
- Relax and join the Franschhoek Wine Tram for this unique wine experience
- Hop onto a tram to specially selected wine estates
- Ride one of 2 routes to best match your tastes (Purple or Orange)
- Spend 1 hour at each estate, then hop back on and move to the next
DescriptionDepart Cape Town by coach and head directly to the Franschhoek valley to join the Franschhoek hop-on hop-off wine tram and bus. The Franschhoek Wine Tram offers a choice of two hop-on hop-off lines (Orange or Purple) to choose from, operating in opposite directions. Each route visits eight wine estates showcasing a separate part of the Franschhoek Valley, including Noble Hill, Babylonstoren, Backsberg, Vrede & Lust, Plaisir de Merle, Allee Bleue, Boschendal, and Solms Delta. Realistically, you will be able to visit 5-6 estates in one day. Enjoy transportation by a combination of tram and tram-buses around a loop. Each stop is at a different wine estate, allowing you to hop on and hop off at any of the estates. The tram or tram-buses pass each stop once an hour, so you can explore at your convenience to move from one estate to the next. Each of the lines has a wide selection of wine estates to visit, from boutique to marquee estates and each offers a unique perspective on the Franschhoek wine experience. At 4:00 PM, head back to the motor coach for your transfer back to Cape Town.
IncludesTransfer from Cape Town to Franschhoek Valley Entrance to the Franschhoek tram Live guided commentary on the tram Wine tasting on the tram Cost of wine tastings Cost of lunch
- As part of ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, all vehicles are thoroughly disinfected every day and hand sanitizer is provided at main stops
- Minimum age for the wine tastings is 18 (alternatives available)
- Orange or purple tram route will be allocated on arrival at the tram departure point. Allocation remains subject to availability
- Please be at the clearly marked bus stop 10 minutes prior to departure
- Tickets are only valid on the stipulated day of booking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability