My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: Winelands Full Day Tour and Wine Tasting299 Reviews
Take a breathtaking journey through the winelands of the South African Cape. Witness the wine making process from the vineyard to the bottle and visit the historical towns of Stellenbosch, Franschoek and Paarl.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Cape Town: Cape of Good Hope and Penguins Guided Tour
- Aquila Private Game Reserve: Sunset Safari with Entry Fee
- Hout Bay: Duiker Island Seal Colony Cruise
- From Cape Town: South African Wildlife and Safari 2-Day Tour
- From Cape Town: Winelands Full Day Tour and Wine Tasting
- Enjoy three tastings of some of South Africa's finest wines, along with a cheese tasting, on this tour from Cape Town
- Discover the charming towns of Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek
- Ride the Franschhoek tram through the vineyards
DescriptionEmbark on a breathtaking journey through the winelands of the South African Cape. Learn all about the process of making fine wines, from the vineyard to the bottle, and visit the historical towns of Stellenbosch, Franschoek & Paarl. After pickup from your hotel in Cape Town, set off to explore the Stellenbosch Winelands, just 20 minutes away from the city/ Enjoy superb scenery, completely different from the landscape of the Cape peninsula. Numerous grapes are grown in the region, such as Chenin Blanc, Shiraz, Pinotage, and the Méthode Cap Classique. Explore the small yet vibrant town of Stellenbosch. Enjoy a tour of a wine cellar followed by a wine tasting session. You will have the opportunity to purchase wines to bring back home to enjoy and continue enjoying the region's wonderful vintages even after your visit. Next, visit Franschoek ('the French Corner') which is an old Huguenot village. With its numerous streets and estates with French names, feel the remnants of French culture and the town's old-world charm. Taste the region's delicacies, cheeses, and best wines. Experience a unique and leisurely way to see the Franschhoek Valley as you journey through rolling vineyards in an open-side tram. Stop at the site of the Drakenstein Prison, a low-security prison between Paarl and Franschhoek. The prison is famous as the place where Nelson Mandela spent the last part of his imprisonment campaigning against apartheid. Discover the town of Paarl, which offers a fascinating window into Afrikaner culture and tradition. As a former haven of the Huguenots pioneers who came from Europe at the beginning of the 17th century after the Edict of Nantes, the town boasts a monument dedicated to the Huguenots. You will also be able to visit the town's vineyards where you will taste the region's finest wines. Finally, head back to Cape Town with drop-off at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned bus Live tour guide Wine cellar tour Three wine tastings One cheese tasting Franschhoek tram ride
- Optional picnic on the wine farm
- Opportunity to purchase wine
- Please be aware that the starting time is indicative and depends on your accommodation