My Guide Website?
From Hermanus or Cape Town: Shark Cage Diving Experience40 Reviews
Have a once-in-a-lifetime experience of cage diving with sharks in South Africa. Witness the wonder of the great white shark in a safe and professional environment.
- Meet a great white shark eye to eye
- Be in a safe environment up close and personal with a great white shark
- Spend a day in the company of the excellent crew
- Learn first hand about the mysteries of the great white shark
DescriptionDiscover the excitement of meeting a great white shark on this day trip. Choose from a tour with hotel pickup in Hermanus or Cape Town or a tour where you can meet the boat directly in Gansbaai. Enjoy a delicious breakfast and lunch and get a certificate for your shark cage dive. First, enjoy breakfast at the stunning Lodge. The continental breakfast consists of freshly made muffins, quiches, yogurt, cereals, toast and cold meats, tea, and coffee. Meet your skipper for the day, who has extensive experience working in the unique marine area off the southern Cape coast. The skippers log more contact with great white sharks than anyone else worldwide. Have a brief introductory presentation on the Great White Shark and learn how the activity provider works with the sharks in the area. Spend 2 to 4 hours at sea, depending on how often the sharks visit the boat. Be sure to ask as many questions as you wish. Hop into the cage, which takes 6 people at a time. Each person spends about 20 minutes in the cage. All scuba equipment, including 7 mm wetsuits, is provided – you don’t need a scuba license to cage dive. On your return to dry land, you will return to the Lodge for a light lunch.
IncludesBreakfast Boat trip Guide Skipper Diving equipment Shark cage dive Certificate Lunch
- Due to tides and collection schedules, exact collection times can only be confirmed at 4:00 PM on the day prior to your tour. The local operator will get in touch with the exact starting time
- Driving time from Cape Town is approximately 2 hours and from Hermanus 45 minutes
- No diving experience is necessary
- Bring your swimsuit and sun protection: sunscreen, hat, sunglasses etc.
- Anti-seasickness tablets are strongly recommended
- Please bring a warm jacket and sensible shoes
- Child policy: children under the age of 6 are not permitted on the boat due to the duration of the tour being 3-4 hours out at sea. An in-house babysitting service for children under the age of 6 is offered at an additional charge