My Guide Website?
From Hermanus or Cape Town: Shark Cage Diving Experience182 Reviews
Have a once-in-a-lifetime experience of cage diving with the various sharks species off South Africa. Witness the wonder of these sharks in a safe and professional environment.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hout Bay: Duiker Island Seal Colony Cruise
- Cape Town: Cultural Cycling Tour
- Cape Town: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with Optional Cruise
- Garden Route and Addo Elephant National Park: 5-Day Safari
- Cape Town: Garden Route and Addo Elephant Park 6-Day Safari
- View an array of Southern Africa's sharks from the safety of a cage
- Be in a safe environment up close and personal shark
- Spend a day in the company of a very experienced crew
- Learn about the conservation of Great White, Seven Gill Cow Sharks, and more
DescriptionDiscover the excitement of meeting a great white shark on this day trip. Choose from a tour with hotel pickup in Hermanus or Cape Town or a tour where you can meet the boat directly in Gansbaai. Enjoy a delicious breakfast and lunch and get a certificate for your shark cage dive. First, enjoy breakfast at the stunning Lodge. The continental breakfast consists of freshly made muffins, quiches, yogurt, cereals, toast and cold meats, tea, and coffee. Meet your skipper for the day, who has extensive experience working in the unique marine area off the southern Cape coast. The skippers log more contact with great white sharks than anyone else worldwide. Have a brief introductory presentation on the Great White Shark and learn how the activity provider works with the sharks in the area. Spend 2 to 4 hours at sea, depending on how often the sharks visit the boat. Be sure to ask as many questions as you wish. Hop into the cage, which takes 6 people at a time. Each person spends about 20 minutes in the cage. All scuba equipment, including 7 mm wetsuits, is provided – you don’t need a scuba license to cage dive. On your return to dry land, you will return to the Lodge for a light lunch.
IncludesBreakfast Boat trip Guide Skipper Diving equipment Snacks on board Shark cage dive Certificate Lunch
- Due to tides and collection schedules, exact collection times can only be confirmed at 4:00 PM on the day prior to your tour. The local operator will get in touch with the exact starting time
- Driving time from Cape Town is approximately 2 hours and from Hermanus 45 minutes
- No diving experience is necessary
- Bring your swimsuit and sun protection: sunscreen, hat, sunglasses etc.
- Anti-seasickness tablets are strongly recommended
- Please bring a warm jacket and sensible shoes
- Child policy: children under the age of 6 are not permitted on the boat due to the duration of the tour being 3-4 hours out at sea. An in-house babysitting service for children under the age of 6 is offered at an additional charge