My Guide Website?
Township and Robben Island Combination Tour488 Reviews
On this tour you will visit different townships and the prison Mandela was incarcerated, giving you an overview of Mandela´s struggle against Apartheid and its effects. It will also disclose how those affected continue to struggle for a better life today.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hout Bay: Duiker Island Seal Colony Cruise
- Cape Town: Cultural Cycling Tour
- Cape Town: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with Optional Cruise
- Garden Route and Addo Elephant National Park: 5-Day Safari
- Cape Town: Garden Route and Addo Elephant Park 6-Day Safari
- Visit the most important townships of Cape Town
- See Robben Island Prison where Mandela was incarcerated for 18 of his 27 years in prison
- Visit the Gugulethu Seven Memorial
- See the Amy Biehl Memorial in the Gugulethu Township
- Have lunch on the V&A waterfront
DescriptionDiscover some of the most notable townships of Cape Town, learning about the struggle against Apartheid. Then visit the infamous Robben Island to see where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for much of his 27-year incarceration. Start the tour at the historical site of District Six, where inhabitants were forcibly removed according to the Group Areas Act of 1950 during the Apartheid era. From there move on to Langa, the oldest township in Cape Town. Travel to Bonteheuwel, a township developed from the forcibly removed District Six residents classified as colored. Learn about the rules in these townships and how they affected everyday life. Make your way to Gugulethu, home to more than 300,000 residents. Here your guide will explain how this township has developed after the fall of Apartheid. Break for lunch at the V&A Waterfront, one of the top tourist destinations in Cape Town with breathtaking views of Table Mountain. After lunch, hop on the ferry to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated for 18 of his 27 prison years. Here you take a guided tour of the infamous maximum-s.ecurity prison and see Nelson Mandela's cell. After exploring the island you will be taken back to the V&A Waterfront by ferry, where the tour ends
IncludesVehicle and driver guide Return Ferry tickets to Robben Island Guided tour of Robben Island A visit to Nelson Mandela's cell Fuel Passenger liability insurance cover
- Please note some venues may not be available over weekends. Robben Island tickets are subject to availability. Please provide the passport or ID number for all participants to complete the booking. South African citizens do not need to provide a passport number but must provide ID number and date of birth All passengers must then bring this identification document with them on the tour (passport, birth certificate or drivers licence). Copies are accepted. Tickets for the ferry to Robben Island are subject to weather conditions and availability. Every attempt will be made to book you on the 1:00 PM ferry, but if it is not available you will be booked on the 3:00 PM or 5:00 PM ferry. In this case, you will be dropped off at your hotel and asked to make your way to the harbor at the right time. Rescheduling the tour date is possible, but subject to availability. If available, tickets can be rescheduled but a penalty fee of 65 ZAR per ticket will have to be paid in cash on the spot.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromZAR 1,650.00Book Now!