My Guide Website?
Robben Island By Air Scenic Helicopter Flight12 Reviews
Take a scenic helicopter ride to Robben Island for an unrivalled viewing experience. Circumnavigate the island and get great aerial views of the prison where Nelson Mandela spent 18 years of his incarceration. See postcard views of the city en route back.
- Get 360-degree aerial views of Robben Island
- Discover where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years
- Listen to an informative commentary from your pilot
- See the Mother City in all her glory with Table Mountain as backdrop
DescriptionMake your way to the V&A Waterfront Helipad to check in about 15 to 20 minutes before your scheduled shared helicopter flight over the city and coast. Get a safety briefing on arrival, and then proceed to the beautiful flight deck to see the operation up close and personal while you wait to board your flight. Climb aboard a helicopter and start your adventure with a complete circumnavigation of Robben Island. Once airborne you leave the city behind you as you soar over the Atlantic ocean and head straight for the historical Robben Island. Your pilot will confidently navigate the helicopter around the island enabling you to experience the best possible views of the prison, the village and all else that is so unique on it. En route back to the mainland you will get to view the picture perfect combination of Cape Town and Table Mountain with Lion's Head and Camps Bay in the distance. As you descend for landing you fly over the working harbour of Table Bay and get one last look at Table Mountain.
IncludesShared helicopter flight In-flight commentary from your pilot
- The time of the flight is not exact, but you will be sure to see all points listed in the itinerary. The largest helicopter can accommodate up to 6 passengers at once. In case of bigger groups, you will be split into 2 or more helicopters.