My Guide Website?
Table Mountain: Platteklip Gorge Hike30 Reviews
Reconnect with nature on a strenuous but rewarding half-day hike to the top of Table Mountain. Hike along one of the most popular paths in the Platteklip Gorge and get stunning views of Cape Town and its surroundings.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike to the top of Table Mountain
- Get spectacular views of Cape Town and its surroundings
- Reconnect with nature in the Platteklip Gorge
DescriptionGet back to nature on a challenging hike through the Platteklip Gorge, and be rewarded by spectacular views of Cape Town from the top of Table Mountain. Following pickup from your accommodation, you will be taken to the start of the hike. The Platteklip Gorge hike takes about 1.5 to 3 hours, depending on the group's level of fitness. Hike with an experienced guide who will point out landmarks such as Lion's Head and the flat-topped Signal Hill, known for the Noon Gun salute by the South African Navy. Take in panoramic views of Devil's Peak, and see Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was kept in a maximum-security prison for 18 years. Travel back down on the Table Mountain Cableway to complete your experience.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Cape Town City Bowl and immediate surroundings Qualified mountain guide Water Snack
- • The entire activity lasts 4 hours, but the hike is between 2 to 3 hours, depending on the level of fitness of participants. It is a strenuous but rewarding hike
- If the cableway is not running due to weather or maintenance, your guide will walk you down again, which adds about 2 hours and we charge an additional R300 per person, which can be paid to your guide in cash.