Cape Town: Essential Food and Drink Tour1 Reviews
Set off on a walking food tour through Cape Town. Taste the cultural and culinary history from the borders of the Bo-Kaap to the V&A Waterfront. Become an expert on how the city is pieced together between delicious food and drink tastings.
- Explore the De Waterkant, Greenpoint, and the Waterfront on a walking food tour
- Engage with local food artisans and learn how they contribute to Cape Town's evolving food scene
- Enjoy tastings from some of Cape Town's hidden culinary gems, from local Cape Malayan dishes to traditional South African fare
- Learn more about Cape Towns incredible history and architecture
DescriptionBegin your 4-hour walking tour at a local coffee roaster, where a unique coffee presentation will take place. Hear about the history of the coffee trade route and its influence on Cape Town. Head then to the outskirts of the Bo-Kaap, where you'll taste a traditional South African dish with Cape Malayan influence. Next, enjoy your first of three alcohol tastings, paired with two unique food tastings. You will then be escorted to a local German cafe, where you'll sample craft beers and talk about the German influences in Cape Town. At the next stop, you'll be introduced to two very traditional meat dishes called Biltong and Boerewors. On the way to your last stop, go through the Breakwater Slave Lodge and discuss the history around it and what it has become. Upon arrival in the V&A Waterfront, you will be treated to some wine and cheese tasting, or a Fynbos sprit with Malva pudding and brandy to round off the tour. Guests are encouraged to relax and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the Waterfront. Throughout the tour, important historical and cultural facts will also be shared.
IncludesFive food tastings Three alcohol tastings Hotel pickup and drop-off Extra food and drinks
- • This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility; it includes around 2 miles of walking, spilt up between tasting locations
- Transportation to or from the tour is not provided
- Tours run in all weather, depending on the severity of the wind and rain
- The guide will contact you in the case of any cancellations
- If you have any food allergies, please contact the local partner about your allergies immediately after booking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability