My Guide Website?
Cape Town: Half-Day Table Mountain and City Tour135 Reviews
Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of Cape Town on a 4-hour sightseeing tour. Explore the city center on a drive around the Malay Quarter, Company Gardens, Castle of Good Hope, Diamond Works, and more.
- Enjoy panoramic views of Cape Town and its beaches from the top of Table Mountain
- Learn the story of the Cape Malay settlers
- Drive to St. George's Cathedral, where Desmond Tutu presides
- Tour the Diamond Works jewelry manufacturing center
- Admire the baroque grandeur of Cape Town's City Hall
- Go to the 17th-century fort of the Castle of Good Hope
DescriptionAscend to the summit of Table Mountain overlooking Cape Town on a half-day tour that also includes a hotel pick-up and exploration of the city’s most historic neighborhoods. Start with a drive through the city center, passing landmarks such as the Castle of Good Hope, built in 1666 by the Dutch East India Company. Admire the baroque grandeur of City Hall and the Grand Parade. Continue along Adderley Street to St. George’s Cathedral, overseen by the Anglican Diocese of Nobel Peace Laureate, Archbishop Desmond Tutu. Pass Company Gardens and the Malay Quarter (also known as “Bo-Kaap”) in the foothills of Table Mountain to see the historic district of the Cape Malays, descendants of slaves brought to Cape Town from Java, Ceylon and other regions of the Far East in the early 18th century. Next, go to Table Mountain via Kloof Nek, and ascend to the top (weather permitting) by revolving cable car (tickets not included). Look for wild flowers and the famous silver tree, before getting a bird’s-eye view of the city and its beaches. On clear days it’s possible to see Cape Point on one side and Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, on the other side.
IncludesReturn transfers from central Cape Town hotels
- The cable car ticket is not included and needs to be purchased separately The tour is operated twice daily in English Dual language German/English commentary is available on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday on the morning tour only Minimum 2 adults are required If there is an extended waiting period for the cable cars, guests will continue with the tour and return to the Lower Cable Way Station. If the waiting period is still in excess of 2 hours, guests can either return to their hotels or wait and arrange their own return transfers