My Guide Website?
Cape Peninsula Day Tour: Seals, Penguins & Cape of Good Hope
Travel to Cape Point from Cape Town on a full-day sightseeing tour. Enjoy a scenic drive and marvel at the views of Chapman's Peak before going to the nature reserve.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select lodgings included
- Ideal overview of the area for first-time visitors
- Mix of hiking and driving for different sightseeing options
- Focus on natural attractions, including a penguin colony (optional)
- Light snack and picnic lunch included
DescriptionBegin your tour with hotel pickup from selected accommodation in Cape Town between 7:45 and 8:30 a.m. Drive along the Atlantic Seaboard, taking in the view of the Twelve Apostles Mountains in the background and learning about the culture and history as you go. Upon arrival at Hout Bay, take an optional boat cruise to the Cape Fur seal colony on Duiker Island (own expense), or spend free time browsing the local curio shops at the harbor. Return to the bus and snack on muffins and juice while admiring the views along Chapman’s Peak Drive (subject to road conditions). Then, continue to Boulders Beach in Simons Town to visit a colony of cute African penguins (optional). Our final stop of the tour is Cape Point Nature Reserve, a beautiful protected area with free-roaming wildlife and incredible landscapes. After a healthy picnic lunch, take a leisurely stroll to the Cape Point lighthouse, and an easy hike to the southwestern-most point of Africa. Walk along the spectacular Diaz Beach encircled by dramatic cliffs and wild waves before you reach the famous Cape of Good Hope sign. Then, climb back aboard your transport to return to your accommodation, where your tour concludes.
IncludesRegistered Tour Guide & Driver Light Morning snack Picnic lunch Hiking Hostel & Hotels pickup and drop-off (selected accommodation only)
- •Confirmation will be received at the time of booking. The exact pick up time will be confirmed by email. •Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required •Bring along comfortable shoes, a water bottle, and a jacket in case it gets windy •Most travelers can participate This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers