My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: 3-Day Garden Route Highlights Tour & Safari71 Reviews
See Africa's famous wildlife and incredible Garden Route scenery on this 3-day tour; including a 4x4 game drive and bush walking safari and canoeing in the wilderness.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Town:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Town last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Cape Town: Cape of Good Hope and Penguins Guided Tour
- Aquila Private Game Reserve: Sunset Safari with Entry Fee
- Hout Bay: Duiker Island Seal Colony Cruise
- From Cape Town: South African Wildlife and Safari 2-Day Tour
- From Cape Town: Winelands Full Day Tour and Wine Tasting
- Journey along one of South Africa's scenic country roads; the Route 62
- Safari & search for most of the Big5 (elephant, lion, rhino) on a 4x4 game drive
- Kayak along the calm rivers of the Wilderness Region to a small waterfall
- Squeeze, twist and wriggle your way through the Cango Caves
- Observe orphaned elephants roaming freely with an optional observation in nature
DescriptionDay 1: Oudtshoorn Morning pickup (6am - 7am) from your accommodation in Cape Town or Stellenbosch. Travel about 450 km ±6hrs. Set off along the famous Route 62, where you'll capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, vast Karoo plains, vineyards and orchards. Pop in at one of the many farm stalls along the way, stocked with locally crafted delights before arriving in Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of the world. Delve deep underground to the magical Cango Caves’ limestone chambers, alive with drip formation stalactites and remnants of Khoikhoi paintings. Opt for the easy-going guided Heritage Tour or by contrast, the Adventure Tour allows you to wiggle your way through limestone on a daring underground route. Spend the evening in Oudtshoorn at leisure. As per package selected; overnight at Uthando Backpackers (Dorm/Saver Backpack Stay) or 88 Baron Van Rheede Guesthouse or similar (3 star Comfort Stay) *ask us for Buffelsdrift Glamping upgrade Day 2: Wilderness As the dawn breaks in the dusty Klein Karoo, opt for a close encounter with Mother Nature and join elephant guides on an (optional with cost) Elephant Observation in Nature. Gentle giants (Jabari, Malaika and Bulelo) made Buffelsdrift their home after being relocated from Kruger when their parents were poached. Follow and observe these 3 rescued African elephants as they roam freely in this natural bush veld habitat. Then, take to the water for a leisurely afternoon paddle along the reed-lined banks in Wilderness National Park region. It’s not until you stop paddling and let the gentle current guide you, that the abundance of bird life becomes apparent. Today you'll drive about 400 km ±4hrs. The adventure continues as you reach Bloukrans Bridge, the world’s highest commercial bridge bungy jump. Opt in to hurtle face-first down the 134 (216 m) drop if you dare (optional with cost) or those who'd prefer to keep their feet on solid ground can visit the nearby forest area. Spend the evening soaking in the slow town way of life in Sedgefield or Wilderness, subject to your accommodation location. Feel the white sand between your toes as you sip on cocktails and enjoy dinner. As per selected package; choose to stay at PiliPili Beach Backpackers (Dorm/Saver Backpack Stay) or PiliPili House ensuite rooms (Comfort Stay). Day 3: Garden Route Start the day in the heart of the African bush. Spot some of Africa’s wild animals from the back of an open 4x4 vehicle in the malaria-free Botlierskop Private Game Reserve. Search for giraffe, white rhino, kudu, lion, elephant, zebra, and wildebeest, just to name a few. The game drive is led by an experienced game ranger, sharing his knowledge of the local wildlife, birdlife, and insects. Travel about 450km ±6hrs. End the day with a journey through the landscape of rolling farmlands as you say farewell to the Garden Route on your way back to Cape Town by evening (between 8pm - 10pm).
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Cape Town and Stellenbosch Accommodation for 2 nights (as per option selected) Local guide Transportation to tour highlights 2 breakfasts 4x4 Botlierskop safari game drive (about 2 hours) Wilderness region canoeing
- The listed accommodation is the preferred accommodation, but this may vary and be replaced with a property of the same standard due to availability
- Travel route about 1200 km in total / driving about 4 to 6 hours daily (excluding the safari drives). This fast-paced packed itinerary tour is ideal for the young-at-heart that only have limited time to travel and explore this region.
- Free time is provided so guests can purchase the meals that are not provided on the tour