My Guide Website?
Cape Peninsula Full-Day Tour from Cape Town54 Reviews
Marvel at the Cape Peninsula on a full-day guided tour to the Cape Point Nature Reserve. See where the Atlantic meets the Indian Ocean and stop for tea and cake on the way back.
- Visit Cape Point Nature Reserve, home to a variety of indigenous wildlife
- Take a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast with views of the Table Mountain
- Visit the spot where the Indian Ocean meets the Atlantic, as per legend
- See a colony of African penguins and their nesting areas at Boulders Beach
- Enjoy a stop for tea and cake on the way back to Cape Town
DescriptionDiscover the south-western tip of the Cape Peninsula and marvel at some of the most spectacular views in the world. The drive from Cape Town passes steep mountains, secluded coves, and sweeping stretches of beach. Your full-day tour begins with a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, passing through the cosmopolitan suburbs of Sea Point and Camps Bay, where you’ll have spectacular views of the Table Mountain range. Continue to the fishing village of Hout Bay, one of Cape Town's best-kept secrets. Enjoy an optional short boat trip to Duiker Island, time permitting, to see the Cape fur seals that inhabit the island. Next is the Cape Point Nature Reserve, covering an area of more than 17,300 acres. The reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including baboons, rhebok, Cape mountain zebra, bontebok, and the elusive eland. It is also one of the world's largest breeding grounds for tortoises. You’ll see the spot where, as per legend, the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet and feel the brisk wind that is said to have curative powers. Following the coastline along False Bay, you'll return to Cape Town by way of Simon's Town, with a stop to visit the penguin colony at Boulders Beach. Before your return, stop for afternoon tea and cake. Then, return to Cape Town, passing the University of Cape Town and the Groote Schuur Hospital.
IncludesFull-day tour Return transfers from central Cape Town hotels Entrance fees to Cape Point Nature Reserve Afternoon cake and tea
- The tour in English is operated daily. Dual-language German/English tours are available every day except Saturday •Pickup is available from central Cape Town hotels (no Sea Point, Green Point, V&A Waterfront, and Camps Bay) If you have selected the option for South African residents, you will need to show your residency card or national ID Minimum 2 adults are required for the tour