Cape Peninsula Full-Day Tour from Cape Town54 Reviews
Marvel at the spectacular landscapes of the Cape Peninsula on a full-day guided tour that takes you to the Cape Point Nature Reserve. See where the Atlantic meets the Indian Ocean and take a guided walk in Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
- Visit Cape Point Nature Reserve, home to a variety of indigenous wildlife
- See the place where the Indian Ocean meets the Atlantic, as per legend
- Take a short guided walk in Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
DescriptionDiscover the south-western tip of the Cape Peninsula and marvel at some of the most spectacular views in the world. The drive from Cape Town passes steep mountains, secluded coves, and sweeping stretches of beach. Your full-day tour begins with a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, passing through the cosmopolitan suburbs of Sea Point and Camps Bay, where you’ll have spectacular views of the Table Mountain range. Continue to the fishing village of Hout Bay, one of Cape Town's best-kept secrets. Enjoy an optional short boat trip to Duiker Island, time permitting, to see the Cape fur seals that inhabit the island. Next is the Cape Point Nature Reserve, covering an area of more than 17,300 acres. The reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including baboons, rhebok, Cape mountain zebra, bontebok, and the elusive eland. It is alsonone of the world's largest breeding grounds for tortoises. You’ll see the spot where, as per legend, the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet and feel the brisk wind that is said to have curative powers. Following the coastline along False Bay, you'll return to Cape Town by way of Simon's Town, with a stop to visit the penguin colony at Boulders Beach. Stop at Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens for a short walking tour, before passing the University of Cape Town, the Rhodes Memorial, and the Groote Schuur Hospital.
IncludesFull-day tour Return transfers from central Cape Town hotels Entrance fees to Cape Point Nature Reserve and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens Lunch Visit to penguin colony at Boulders Beach
- The tour in English is operated daily. Dual-language German/English tours are available every day except Saturday • Pickup is available from central Cape Town hotels (no Sea Point, Green Point, V&A Waterfront and Camps Bay)
- If you have selected the option for South African residents, you will need to show your residency card or national ID
- Please note, from 1 November 2021 the tour will stop at Rhodes Memorial Restaurant for cake and tea instead of Kirstenbosch Gardens
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability