My Guide Website?
Cape Town: 3-Hour Lion's Head Sunset Hike76 Reviews
Enjoy Cape Town’s most popular hike on a climb to the summit of Lion’s Head. Arrive at the top in time to enjoy the sunset and 360-degree views. Take in the starry skies and the illuminated city of Cape Town on the way down.
- Hike up Lion’s Head for a 360-degree panorama of Cape Town
- Watch the sun setting and have the best light to take photos of Table Mountain
- Walk down into the sunset and enjoy the city lights at twilight
- Learn about the nature, history and culture of the area
DescriptionOf all the hikes in Cape Town, the climb up Lion’s Head is definitely the most popular. Situated between Table Mountain and Signal Hill, the peak provides 360-degree views of the city, Table Bay and the Atlantic seacoast. Taking in the sunset and the city lights from on high is a totally new way of enjoying Cape Town. You’ll make your way up to the peak on a spiral path. The ascent takes around an hour and there are gorgeous views all the way. Your passionate and knowledgeable guide will point out iconic landmarks and tell you about the history of the city. You will learn about the geology, fauna and flora of this world heritage site. There are a number of ladders and chains that help you to the summit. If you are afraid of heights this may be daunting but if you are up for the challenge then your guide will help you all the way. At the summit you’ll be able to look down on Table Mountain and the city of Cape Town and enjoy the light and fantastic photographic opportunity. Walk back down as the sun sets and take in views of Table Mountain illuminated by a golden sky. If you’re lucky the moon might rise from the eastern mountains, further enhancing your views.
IncludesGuide Entrance fees Light snack Bottled water Transportation
- This hike is not suitable for children under the age of 10.
- All hikes are at your own risk and are subject to weather conditions.
- Please note, tour start times can vary slightly depending on your guide’s expert advice. Your guide will contact you the day before with specific details, so please keep your phone active.
- Please specify if you have a fear of heights or any other health conditions that hiking will aggravate during the booking process.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now